跳到主要內容

Revelation from sickness

I had a terrible tummy pain yesterday. The pain was so intense I vomitted and lost strength to speak.

During the pain, I could not stop thinking and asking God why this kind of suffering fell on to me and wondered if I had done anything that caused this pain to fall on me.

However I felt God reminded me of a promise in the bible that it was not because what sin my family or I have committed, but this happened so that the glory of God may be revealed.

It was so much easier to blame on so many other things. When something terrible happens, we as humans like to find reasons and causes to justify the result. So we often start imagining and brainstorming the possiblities of the reasons that caused the problems. I did the same, during the pain, I started going over my family members and myself and guessed if any of us have dobe anything that caused God to anger hence rain down punishment on me.

My conversations with God became honest and straightforward during my pain. I began to ask God questions about life and reflected some of the things I have done or thought about recently.

In the pain, I tried to test myself if I could worship God and say that God is still good even if my physical suffering was great. To be honest, it was not easy, but it was not impossible. The power of worship was so great I experienced God in an intimate way during that time. I was desperate and God revealed to me in a very special way.

New revelation on the power of worship-I was revived in a new way at night as I committed myself to simply worshipping God and declaring His goodness. It was such a refreshing experience. I felt like I was being fully charged, immediately my heart changed, my attitude changed and I was so energetic I stayed awake until 5 in the morning!

As I was in pain, I felt so weak I had no strength to get up from the floor to reach my bed. At that point, I suddenly realized that the ability to walk and stand is a big gift from God. Afterward as the pain released, I was so thankful that I could get up from bed and stand and realized how many things I have taken for granted in my life.

There are so many things I want to thank God for during this seemingly pessimistic incident. God used this situation to teach me things that I normally would not think or take notice. More to that, I lost 2kgs because of this. Hehe.....

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Jude is finally in Japan

Hello my dear friends, Omata sei shimashita! Thank you for waiting. I have finally updated~~ This is a phrase Japanese use very often, especially in the hospitality industry. One thing I find funny about this phrase is that, whether or not the shop assitants have kept you waiting, they say it anyway. Well, I just want to say that it feels great to see smiles on the shop assitants' faces and seeing them willing to help at any time. It's something that people in my country really need to learn. Maybe not to the Japanese standard, but at least not to shout at customers. Thank you also for visiting this blog. From now on, I will be posting my photos and stories to share with you while I am in Japan. The start already has been adventurous, I am sure from now on, the stories may be more and more exciting. So please come often to keep track of my fun journey. Please do leave a comment when you can, or a :) smile, anything you leave keeps me writing. First of all, congratulations to m

We are made to see God

Japan is so much fun. I live everyday with excitement and joy. Though there are some interesting culture differences I discovered in the past few weeks ;sometimes shocked, sometimes surprised, and sometimes amazed! 1. Women do not eat at small ramen shops(counter type/stand type) and Japanese beef-don shops alone. One day I went into the shop alone and was eyed by the chefs from the beginning to end. At the end, I realised there was not a female in the shop, but only males. After asking around some Japanese people, they told me that it is the way it is, no one knows why, but they just live according to it. There is no set rules restricting women from eating at those shops, but women just don't go in alone. 2. It is a manner to on the water flowing sound in the toilet. Without doing so, Japanese people feel embarassed. Put your hand over the black sensor and the water flowing sound starts. 3. Most people reading on the train have a non transparent book cover covering the title pa

I am so blessed

I am so thankful for what God has given me in Japan. I am thankful for the amazing Bible Study Fellowship here in Japan. Not only do we have a godly lady as our teaching leader, that speaks with great enthusiam, wisdom and clarity; but also have wonderful Japanese Christian ladies coming to seek the word of God with great desire and expectation EVERY WEEK. What wonderful works God has been doing here. I am super excited for God's cultivation in Japan, it's amazing!! I am thankful for the church I belong to. I am thankful for my bible study leader and lovely group members who greet me with love and care. The first time I went to the church, I was warmly welcomed by the people and never felt left out even for a minute! I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to share my faith with some people I have met. Please pray for my friend, who told me today that she would also like to come to church with me this Sunday. She is a girl in my dorm, from Cambodia and her name is.........