跳到主要內容

We are made to see God

Japan is so much fun. I live everyday with excitement and joy.
Though there are some interesting culture differences I discovered in the past few weeks ;sometimes shocked, sometimes surprised, and sometimes amazed!

1. Women do not eat at small ramen shops(counter type/stand type) and Japanese beef-don shops alone.
One day I went into the shop alone and was eyed by the chefs from the beginning to end. At the end, I realised there was not a female in the shop, but only males.

After asking around some Japanese people, they told me that it is the way it is, no one knows why, but they just live according to it. There is no set rules restricting women from eating at those shops, but women just don't go in alone.

2. It is a manner to on the water flowing sound in the toilet.
Without doing so, Japanese people feel embarassed.




Put your hand over the black sensor and the water flowing sound starts.



3. Most people reading on the train have a non transparent book cover covering the title page and the back page.
People do not want others to see what they are reading.

4.Talking on the phone is prohibited on the train.
Again, manner. If violated, you surely will be stared.

What I have learnt in the past week?
We are created to know God, our creator.
But because of our sins, the eyes of our hearts are blinded.
We are meant to see, but we cannot see.
There is only total darkness and no light.
There is only hate but no love.
There is only sorrow and no joy.
There is only worry and no peace.
There is only constraint and no freedom.

We lose directions because we are blind.
We cannot see where we are going.
We are totally lost.
No matter how hard we try to walk without falling, we fall.
We cannot see where the obstacles are and we walk towards it.

Until Jesus comes into our hearts and heal them, we cannot see.
Until we follow our shepherd who knows THE WAY, there is no way to find direction towards LIFE and HOPE.

Jesus is the truth the way and the life. He is the ONLY ANSWER towards our questions of life.
He is the ONLY one who can fully answer our questions completely. He is the only one to satisfy our thirsty souls.

It is only in Jesus I find ABSOLUTE satisfaction.

If you are searching for THE ANSWER; I can assure you that it is FOUND in Jesus.
No lies, no doubt and no worries!
It is the best decision you can make in your life.
My life's changed, my family's life is changed and it is no longer the same.

Let me share an exciting happened a few days ago!
This Thursday while checking my email inbox, I found a mail sent by my dad. In the mail, it had a word attachment. I opened it and it was a letter written for me.

It should have been a private letter but I would really like to share to you how much God has changed our lives.

The letter was written in Chinese, but for the matter of conveniece, I have tried my best to translate into English.

The letter goes likes this.

To my dearest daughter,

Thank you for bringing the good news into our home. These days Daddy and Mummy's lives have been much more fuilfilled and meaningful. After becoming a Christian, it really has brought to me endless happiness and joy. I have since then met many new people and made many new friends. May the precious blood of Jesus and Holy Spirit fill our home and I really do hope that one day your brother may also come to know Jesus, submitting everything to our Lord and ask Him to take control, so that peace and joy may be brought into his life.

Please do take care of yourself while you are in Japan, may God be with you always, protect you . Also be sure to live happily and peacefully. I will also study more about the bible and actively participate in the courses and activities at church in order to quickily learn and gain more understanding of the bible. Perhaps this is also a mark of my change in the stages of life. From now on I will try to be a good dad, to take more care of your brother and you, and this is something that I have always been hoping to do. Anything that I have lacked as a father, I will try to learn and improve. My love for you and your brother is unquestionable, and unquenchable.
May God bless you with peace and joy.


Love
Dad

Isn't this beautiful, isn't this touching?
Dad had never written a letter for me before ,so this is the very first time I have receive a letter from him.

In the past, I had always disliked what Dad did, whether his words were too mean or his thoughts were contrast to mine. As a result, I always bad mouthed him and argued with him as a teenager. Our relationship was not terrible, but certainly not great either. Moreover, we did not really share our feelings and inners thoughts, so you might be able to imagine how much he has changed and how much this letter means. I am very sure that this the love of God that made this happen. Praise Him!!

I couldn't hold my tears as I read through the letter. Words cannot describe how thankful and excited I felt and feel right now.



留言

JL寫道…
:D

Thank you for sharing, Judy.
May your family be blessed as always. May Holy Spirit fulfil all of our lossing souls. Amen!

Miss ya!
Janice

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Jude is finally in Japan

Hello my dear friends, Omata sei shimashita! Thank you for waiting. I have finally updated~~ This is a phrase Japanese use very often, especially in the hospitality industry. One thing I find funny about this phrase is that, whether or not the shop assitants have kept you waiting, they say it anyway. Well, I just want to say that it feels great to see smiles on the shop assitants' faces and seeing them willing to help at any time. It's something that people in my country really need to learn. Maybe not to the Japanese standard, but at least not to shout at customers. Thank you also for visiting this blog. From now on, I will be posting my photos and stories to share with you while I am in Japan. The start already has been adventurous, I am sure from now on, the stories may be more and more exciting. So please come often to keep track of my fun journey. Please do leave a comment when you can, or a :) smile, anything you leave keeps me writing. First of all, congratulations to m

I am so blessed

I am so thankful for what God has given me in Japan. I am thankful for the amazing Bible Study Fellowship here in Japan. Not only do we have a godly lady as our teaching leader, that speaks with great enthusiam, wisdom and clarity; but also have wonderful Japanese Christian ladies coming to seek the word of God with great desire and expectation EVERY WEEK. What wonderful works God has been doing here. I am super excited for God's cultivation in Japan, it's amazing!! I am thankful for the church I belong to. I am thankful for my bible study leader and lovely group members who greet me with love and care. The first time I went to the church, I was warmly welcomed by the people and never felt left out even for a minute! I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to share my faith with some people I have met. Please pray for my friend, who told me today that she would also like to come to church with me this Sunday. She is a girl in my dorm, from Cambodia and her name is.........