跳到主要內容

Jesus lifehouse



I went to church today, and the name of the church is Jesus lifehouse. It's a Japanese and English bilingual church situated not too far from the heart of Tokyo. Thanks to Shermayne's friend- Kat, that I am able to find a church immediately after my arrival in Japan. Moreover, the church is not too far from my dormitory either, it only takes about half an hour to get there by train. In Japan, this is considered quite close. There are four services surprsingly, people get to choose the best time that suits them. The one I went was the 1pm service as was suggested by Kat. This is a pretty good time for me as well.

The hall was smaller than I expected, but when I got there, the service had already started and was already filled with people. The music was quite loud though, people were singing, clapping and dancing around. Jesus lifehouse is probably a smaller version of Planetshakers in Melbourne, coincidentally that the English pastor is an Australian, too. Apparently he is from Brisbane.

Straight after the first service, I was invited by Kate to join her "life group", bible study group. The people in our group consist of Koreans, Taiwanese, Japanese, Australian, German and American. It was good to have a discussion group straight after the church service so there is no trouble in finding a time for people to meet up. Though, it was quite short, there wasn't much time to chat with other people and get to know each other more.

After the life group, I thought I was going home, however, some friendly people from our group invited me to join the welcome team for the 4pm service. Without thinking, I just instantly replied yes. In fact, I was quite surprised that everything went so quickily initially, however, people were quite nice that they explained everything clearly, so I was able to follow their instructions and just followed the crowd if I got lost with anything.

I am glad that I stayed for the second service. I quite enjoyed the preaching. Although the message was something simple and fundamental, but it was preached in a way it was easy to listen and I could concentrate in what he was saying the whole time without thinking about other things. It talked about "love".

That God is love and true love comes from God. It started with several examples of what people usually think "love" is. For instance, flower, heart shape, Titanic, Pride and Prejudice, followed by Mother Teresa and Martin Luther King, and lastly Jesus Christ. The greatest of love that has ever demonstrated is no doubt the love of Christ. The main points we needed to learn as youngsters is to wait patiently until our true partner comes and know that God's love is sufficient and nothing can replace the love God has for us. We as humans are often blinded by the things in the world we do not see what can really satisfy our deep desire for love. We seek for many things on this earth that are only temporary, that only create instant love sparkles. However, we often do not realise they don't last long.

Overall, the church wasn't too bad apart from the loud music I haven't gotten used to.

P.S
While I was on the train back to my station, today for the first time ever since my arrival in Japan, the place where I am now seems surreal. Sitting on the train, looking around the people around me felt surreal. Probably for a long time, the scene I am able to see now was only seen in dramas and movies. The whole atmosphere, the way people dress, the way people act, the posters on the train, the mobile phones, the Japanese high school student uniforms.....everything. Just made me felt surreal. "Wow, everything seems so Japanese!! Wait, ain't I in Japan...??". Logically, I know I am in Japan, yet, there is a part of me that haven't adjusted to the reality that I am actually in Japan. Hence, the confusion appeared all of a sudden while I was on the train today.....

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Jude is finally in Japan

Hello my dear friends, Omata sei shimashita! Thank you for waiting. I have finally updated~~ This is a phrase Japanese use very often, especially in the hospitality industry. One thing I find funny about this phrase is that, whether or not the shop assitants have kept you waiting, they say it anyway. Well, I just want to say that it feels great to see smiles on the shop assitants' faces and seeing them willing to help at any time. It's something that people in my country really need to learn. Maybe not to the Japanese standard, but at least not to shout at customers. Thank you also for visiting this blog. From now on, I will be posting my photos and stories to share with you while I am in Japan. The start already has been adventurous, I am sure from now on, the stories may be more and more exciting. So please come often to keep track of my fun journey. Please do leave a comment when you can, or a :) smile, anything you leave keeps me writing. First of all, congratulations to m

We are made to see God

Japan is so much fun. I live everyday with excitement and joy. Though there are some interesting culture differences I discovered in the past few weeks ;sometimes shocked, sometimes surprised, and sometimes amazed! 1. Women do not eat at small ramen shops(counter type/stand type) and Japanese beef-don shops alone. One day I went into the shop alone and was eyed by the chefs from the beginning to end. At the end, I realised there was not a female in the shop, but only males. After asking around some Japanese people, they told me that it is the way it is, no one knows why, but they just live according to it. There is no set rules restricting women from eating at those shops, but women just don't go in alone. 2. It is a manner to on the water flowing sound in the toilet. Without doing so, Japanese people feel embarassed. Put your hand over the black sensor and the water flowing sound starts. 3. Most people reading on the train have a non transparent book cover covering the title pa

I am so blessed

I am so thankful for what God has given me in Japan. I am thankful for the amazing Bible Study Fellowship here in Japan. Not only do we have a godly lady as our teaching leader, that speaks with great enthusiam, wisdom and clarity; but also have wonderful Japanese Christian ladies coming to seek the word of God with great desire and expectation EVERY WEEK. What wonderful works God has been doing here. I am super excited for God's cultivation in Japan, it's amazing!! I am thankful for the church I belong to. I am thankful for my bible study leader and lovely group members who greet me with love and care. The first time I went to the church, I was warmly welcomed by the people and never felt left out even for a minute! I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to share my faith with some people I have met. Please pray for my friend, who told me today that she would also like to come to church with me this Sunday. She is a girl in my dorm, from Cambodia and her name is.........