跳到主要內容

What a relief!!

As you read previous entries, you may have realised that I had been stressed. That is because two days ago, I found out that I received a FAIL for one of the subjects last semester. In disbelief, I emailed the subject coordinator, but he didn't reply immediately. I was left really stressed and worried as I am about to go to Japan for exchange and ready to finish my last semester there. Who knows why things don't go the way we planned. I thought a lot, I was agitating over the fact that I will have to rush back to Melbourne for this subject and spend another $2000+ for it. I even blamed myself for not doing the assessment well enough to allow this to happen. I was also afraid to tell this BAD news to my parents and knew if I told them, they would be quite angry and disappointed.

The stress accumulated so much that I could hardly breathe and felt quite sick. I couldn't even concentrate on doing anything. I continued to watch Korean and Japanese dramas, but they all didn't help. I was still stressed and couldn't stop thinking about the consequences leading to that failure. I also kept reading the bible trying to find some comfort God could give me. I can say not until I read God's word did I feel peace and calm and stopped thinking about the matter. It was consuming so much that I felt I could not take it anymore. Amazingly the second I put my bible away, I fell asleep straightaway and slept as peacefully as a baby until this morning.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Matthtew 6:23 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

John 15:7 "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. "

These are such comforting verses for me as they remind me of God's promises and the problem tested me my faith towords the promises He has in the bible. During trouble, it is easy to doubt whether or not they are really from God or if they apply to our lives.

I have to say, it's not easy to trust during difficult times, however, trusting God in a difficult time is the most important attitude and it gives us strength and real comfort.

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God"

When my heart is feeling restless, I always think of this verse. I shall not worry and need to acknowledge that God is God and He is the God and the only way to comfort me and turn my situation around. So long I let my burden go, and submit it to Him.

Thank God that at the end I received an email informing me that I actually passed the subject. Although it was just a mix up, but it was such a wonderful lesson for me to learn to rely on God and turn to Him for help, praise Him even the situation seemed hard and forever hopeless.





留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Jude is finally in Japan

Hello my dear friends, Omata sei shimashita! Thank you for waiting. I have finally updated~~ This is a phrase Japanese use very often, especially in the hospitality industry. One thing I find funny about this phrase is that, whether or not the shop assitants have kept you waiting, they say it anyway. Well, I just want to say that it feels great to see smiles on the shop assitants' faces and seeing them willing to help at any time. It's something that people in my country really need to learn. Maybe not to the Japanese standard, but at least not to shout at customers. Thank you also for visiting this blog. From now on, I will be posting my photos and stories to share with you while I am in Japan. The start already has been adventurous, I am sure from now on, the stories may be more and more exciting. So please come often to keep track of my fun journey. Please do leave a comment when you can, or a :) smile, anything you leave keeps me writing. First of all, congratulations to m

We are made to see God

Japan is so much fun. I live everyday with excitement and joy. Though there are some interesting culture differences I discovered in the past few weeks ;sometimes shocked, sometimes surprised, and sometimes amazed! 1. Women do not eat at small ramen shops(counter type/stand type) and Japanese beef-don shops alone. One day I went into the shop alone and was eyed by the chefs from the beginning to end. At the end, I realised there was not a female in the shop, but only males. After asking around some Japanese people, they told me that it is the way it is, no one knows why, but they just live according to it. There is no set rules restricting women from eating at those shops, but women just don't go in alone. 2. It is a manner to on the water flowing sound in the toilet. Without doing so, Japanese people feel embarassed. Put your hand over the black sensor and the water flowing sound starts. 3. Most people reading on the train have a non transparent book cover covering the title pa

I am so blessed

I am so thankful for what God has given me in Japan. I am thankful for the amazing Bible Study Fellowship here in Japan. Not only do we have a godly lady as our teaching leader, that speaks with great enthusiam, wisdom and clarity; but also have wonderful Japanese Christian ladies coming to seek the word of God with great desire and expectation EVERY WEEK. What wonderful works God has been doing here. I am super excited for God's cultivation in Japan, it's amazing!! I am thankful for the church I belong to. I am thankful for my bible study leader and lovely group members who greet me with love and care. The first time I went to the church, I was warmly welcomed by the people and never felt left out even for a minute! I am thankful for the opportunity to be able to share my faith with some people I have met. Please pray for my friend, who told me today that she would also like to come to church with me this Sunday. She is a girl in my dorm, from Cambodia and her name is.........